Seeking a Program Assistant for Feminist Camp Summer 2016!
Every session, we ask for nominations to find a Program Assistant for Feminist Camp. The PA attends camp for free, and works closely with the Soapbox Team to help coordinate each day as well as participating in the program as a camper. We are looking specifically for someone with writing and people skills, a good sense of (geographical) direction, and a take-charge attitude.
- Before camp, initiating and encouraging introductory conversations in the session’s Facebook group.
- Attending all the daily meetings and evening events and take thorough notes.
- Sharing experiences and meeting details daily through social media and our blog.
- Facilitating lunch when applicable (order/pick up) and completing various other errands as needed to keep things running smoothly
- With one week of the program’s conclusion, creating a resource guide and master contact list
- Depending on group size, the Program Assistant may lead a group of campers during breakout sessions–guiding the small group to and from their meeting place and act as a representative of Soapbox to the organization with which the group meets.
Nominations are open until April 18, 2016 at 12pm ET